The Twins have been desperate for wins all season and now have won four in a row. A huge reason for their success has been the emergence of Brian Dozier at shortstop and the pitching of Scott Diamond and P.J. Walters. All of whom were recently called up from Triple-A Rochester. Diamond has been a trendy name over the last couple of days because of the numbers, but I like Dozier a little more for fantasy purposes. In a year in which shortstop is kind of a down position, Dozier could be a good player to grab during a streak or a series of favorable matchups. His average won't kill you and he has 10/10 potential. Diamond has seen a dramatic increase in his K:BB rate this season, but I'm not entirely sold.
- Out with the old in with the new in the outfield for the Angels. Mike Trout, Peter Bourjos, and Mark Trumbo all started tonight.
- Lots of injury notes in Oakland. Brett Anderson is ahead of schedule but had a recent setback, Coco Crisp could be back tomorrow, and Yoenis Cespedes will not be activated when eligible to come off the DL on Tuesday.
- Adrian Beltre's hamstring issue is almost to the point where it is no longer an issue.
- Jesus Montero busted out of a slump for the Mariners. He attributed his 3-hit day to an at-bat in which he drew a walk on a 3-2 pitch early in the game.
- As soon as the swelling goes down, Paul Konerko will be back on the field for the White Sox. The shiner he got from Jeff Samardzija is worth a look for the boxing fans.
- Detroit will be without Jose Valverde for at least another couple of days. Austin Jackson also figures to be out of the starting lineup for Sunday's action.
- The Royals have already had 8 different starting pitcher and 14 different relievers through 37 games played this season. That won't change this year given that the team won't be adding a veteran.
- Jeanmar Gomez has a 1.09 WHIP this season after another quality start on Saturday. He's had one bad outing in the eight appearances he's made this season (7 starts) and if we throw out that one bad outing he has a 1.77 ERA.
- It's possible that Desmond Jennings could be back on May 27th when he's eligible to return. Joe Maddon said the club has not decided if he needs at-bats in the minors first.
- Brandon Morrow has looked as good as any pitcher on the planet over the last month including Justin Verlander. Morrow threw a complete game 3-hitter Saturday and has not allowed more than an earned run in his last six starts. It's stories like this that inspire people to actually believe in xFIP.
- The Red Sox might not have to make a decision on Daisuke Matsuzaka by May 23rd when his rehab schedule is supposed to be complete.
- Adam Jones is on pace for more than 110 RBI, 120 runs scored, and 55 home runs. Yes, it is time to sell high.
- Alex Rodriguez has 1 home run in his last 72 at-bats. Hank Aaron's Barry Bonds' record appears safe.
Help! Matt Adams just called up and I want him. Who to cut though??? I have Span, my 4th OF. Dozier, my 3rd SS. Or Weeks my 2nd and only other 2B. I dont know who to cut? Dozier.........?