On to today's VERY TICKED OFF BULLETS...
- Adam Dunn and Ian Kinsler hit HR's in Arlington... WOW....it's SOOOOO Hard to hit a HR there. Mike Napoli didn't get any hits and is on pace to bat .000 this year. I TOLD YOU HIS AVG LAST YEAR WAS A FLUKE!
- MLB's headline for the O's vs. Twins wrap last night was "O's open up '12 with impressive win over Twins". I beg to differ that beating the Twins is impressive. Late round power threat Josh Willingham made good on his skill set with a HR and under appreciated O's outfielder Nick Markakis had a HR and triple. Jim Johnson got a save by rule only going two thirds of an inning giving up a hit, walk, and striking out 1.
- Do you want another reason why I'm ticked off? The left shift key on my keyboard doesn't work unless you press it really hard. I use that key to capitalize about 75% of the time the situation arises, now it mostly results in a backspace because the capital letter doesn't register, which takes up MORE TIME!
- CC Sabathia sucked giving up a grand slam to Carlos Pena and a solo shot to Evan Longoria. Despite that, James Shields sucked more lasting one less inning than CC, giving up 1 more run, and striking out 4 less batters.
- Yovani Gallardo sucked more than both of them, giving up HR's to Yadier Molina, Carlos Beltran, Matt Holliday and David Freese, who so far in '12 doesn't suck with a .500 AVG and a 1.300 OPS. Gallardo got off to a slow start last year to, so I'm not reading too much into the batting practice he threw today.
- Troy Tulowitzki, who normally sucks in April, had a HR last night. Michael Cuddyer, Eric Young, and Dexter Fowler all stole a base. Jeremy Guthrie held the potent Houston offense in check despite giving up HR's to Carlos Lee and Brian Bogusevic.
- Tim Lincecum gave up HR's to Chris Young and Paul Goldschmidt. He managed 7 k's but lasted only 5.1 IP. Melky Caberea had a double and HR. perhaps last year wasn't flukey?
- Albert Pujols was 0-for-3 with a walk last night, but Erik Aybar had a 3 run triple and scored a run himself. Told you not to start Bruce Chen.
- Chad Billingsly struck out 11 and blanked the Padres for 8.1 innings. Cory Luebke, a popular sleeper, got off to a rocky start surrendering 5 earned and 9 hits in 4.2 innings. He did manage 6 strikeouts, but Andre Ethier proved too much to overcome as his double and triple were 1 less hit than the Padres team had last night.
- Yoenis Cespedes had his 2nd HR of the year last night. Maybe the crazy video he made wasn't exagerating...
- I started playing mlb.com's Beat The Streak yesterday. This year I "double downed" on Josh Hamilton and Adam Jones. Each player came through for me. I'm up to a 3 game streak. Today I'm rolling another double down out, Ellsbury vs. Fister and Cuddyer vs. Harrell.
Todays's Pitching matchups
TOR @ CLE - Morrow vs. Jimenez - Ubaldo is appealing the suspension, so he gets the start for the tribe today.
WAS @ CHC - Gonzalez vs. Garza
ATL @ NYM - Jurrjens vs. Dickey
BOS @ DET - Beckett vs. Fister - I don't trust the DET defense with Fister's ground ball tendencies.
KC @ LAA - Hochevar vs. Haren - Josh has been pumping Hochevar as a sleeper this year. I'm taking a wait and see today.
SF @ ARI - Bumgarner vs. Hudson
STL @ MIL - Wainwright vs. Greinke - Wainwright has been sharp all spring. I don't think anyone should be scared of his health at this point. I stand by Greinke winning the NL Cy Young this year.
COL @ HOU - Moyer vs. Harrell - I don't know anyone that has either of these pitchers on their rosters.
MIN @ BAL - Liriano vs. Hunter - After the spring he had, I'm starting Liriano today.
PHI @ PIT - Lee vs. Karstens - I would play Karstens in NL onlys.
MIA @ CIN - Nolasco vs. Latos - If you own the Hot Nolasco sauce you are a glutten for punishment, which means you are starting him. Latos is Latos, doesn't matter where he is pitching.
NYY @ TB - Kuroda vs. Price - I'm not high on Kuroda this year. That said, you could do a lot worse than this. May not get the win, but his peripherals shouldn't kill you.
CHW @ TEX - Peavy vs. Holland - I'm taking Holland in this matchup. Peavy is too rollar coastery for me.
LAD @ SD - Capuano vs. Moseley - Capuano is definitely worth the start here.
SEA @ OAK - Hernadez vs. Colon - Colon pitched well against the M's in Japan, and he should again tonight.